VIC Rail (Australia) Collection
VIC RAIL & VLINE COLLECTION (Victorian Railway Commission)
The Victorian Railways collection comprises 15 hours of rich B&W and colour archival footage exploring train travel throughout Australia from 1923 onwards. The collection takes us nationwide via travelogues filmed for prospective tourists who might want to take a trip inland, mountainous or to coastal regions.
• We see train travel how it used to be, circa 1920’s style with dining cars and waiter serving hot dinners to patrons.
• Travel to the Central Australia and watch a skilful technician “tapping the Overland Telegraph” line
• Watch bathers enjoy themselves in the sun and surf of Queensland’s Southport regions, including Burleigh as it was known then and Coolangatta.
• Central Queensland’s unique Bottle Tree is inspected
• We travel to Wonderful Warrnambool to enjoy an outing at the races and enjoy a reception by the Mayor at Hotel Mansions and Theatre.
To request footage, complete the Research Request/Enquiry Form
For Licence Fees, go to Footage Rate Card